What is Coaching?
Coaching starts with any topic, issue or goal and leads to a life fully lived.
Coaching is about gaining access to the world of
expanding your capacity to
reach your full potential
maintain long term success.
Coaching is not just about solving problems; it’s about
Coaching provides an encouraging and supporting environment that fosters transformation and allows you to
live in a deeper relationship with all aspects of your life.
Coaching sessions occur in a conversational style that creates a creative collaboration between coach and client. In coaching, you bring the motivation and the direction, and together we clear the obstacles and stay on course to your goal while maintaining life balance.
What Coaching is NOT
Coaching is not therapy. The coach is not there to fix you or to guide you. While the purpose of coaching is not to heal, healing can be a result of coaching.
Coaching is not consulting. The coach is not there to advise you or teach you. While the purpose of coaching is not training, many new skills can be learned.
Coaching is not just about getting things done or improving performance, but goals will be achieved and performance will be enhanced.
Coaching is not the equivalent of hiring a nagging parent who will make sure your homework is done. Instead coaching generates curiosity and excitement which leads to the effortless accomplishment of tasks
Why Seek Coaching?
You might seek coaching for a number of reasons.
* Feel like something is missing in your life.
* Are feeling stuck.
* Want things to be different:
• Want more – more peace of mind, more security, more impact, more satisfaction, more meaning and purpose in life.
• Want less – less confusion, less stress, less frustration or anger.
• Want better– better balance, more fulfillment , deeper connections, richer spiritual practice.
* Have important goals, but they feel overwhelming.
* Have made attempts to change but with no real success.
* Know what needs to change in your life, but you don’t know how.
Benefits of Coaching
Through a coaching relationship you
expand your perception of what is possible
- after all,
a goldfish grows to the size of its bowl.
Through a coaching relationship you create a supporting and nurturing environment that not only assists you to reach your goals, but backs you during the challenges and believes in you even when you don’t.
Power of Coaching
The power of coaching lies in its foundational beliefs including:
• Every situation has possibilities.
• A happy life is one lived in line with one’s values.
• You are whole and complete and already have all the answers.
• The problem does not reflect the future.
• Emotions are not the reality; they just feel like it.
• You are only one perception shift away from what you want.
The power of coaching lies in the creation of a balanced life and in the alignment of your daily life with your values.
The power of coaching lies in its creative exploration of obstacles, habits and frustrations through investigating limited or negative thinking, where perceptions are false or not fully true, and where you give your power away.
What is a Coaching Session Like?
Coaching can be done over the phone or through a video call.
Each session is 25 or 50 minutes.
Each session starts with you describing what you would like to work on. During the session the coach asks exploratory, clarifying, or challenging questions to reveal the heart of the matter and invite a shift in perspective or action. Sessions close with establishing homework and action items to keep you engaged until the next session.
Successful coaching is done as part of a program with a set number of sessions and focuses around an established purpose and desired outcomes.
Three to six months of coaching is recommended to make lasting changes. This length of coaching allows for continued support to overcome the inevitable resistance that arises when we grow in new ways.
Weekly sessions are recommended for the first month of coaching to build momentum, then moving to bi-weekly sessions for continuity and stability. Your program will be tailored to your needs and you can stop the program at any time.